Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Central Drive-In

  1. #11
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Central Drive-In

    WOW. I didn't know that was still open.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  2. #12
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Central Drive-In

    i go about once a year.....not much
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  3. #13
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Central Drive-In

    The old guy that used to work in the place would give you a history lesson ,if you cared to listen. Blackwood Coal Company wanted something in the way of fun for their employees, at the time drive-ins were kinda new . Most of the companies had theaters, so to get something a little different , they ,best I recall, gave them the land, on the condition of them putting in naming and running the drive-in. The food is generally pretty good, I have been known to call'em and drive down just for a cheeseburger and fries- they'll let ya pick'em up and return thru the entrance if ya don't care to stay for the show.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Seventy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Central Drive-In

    Hahah, man that's awesome.

    I'm gonna have to check it out, the first movie I saw there was Firefox with Clint Eastwood. It wasn't quite dark yet so I missed about the first 15 mins of the show.

    I remember going with some friends in their mom's station wagon, we sat on the tailgate and lawn chairs and lived the good life!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Central Drive-In

    Remember seeing a documentary up there, "Beyond and Back" about life after death. Came a big blizzard near the end of the flick and had a heck of a time getting out of there.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Central Drive-In

    We'll definitely be going back this summer.

    Another good part of it - I figured out early on that you don't have issues with screaming strange children around you when you're sitting in the privacy of your own car. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    One annoying part - I had to ask the people in front of us to turn off their vehicle lights (headlights, interior lights, the works).
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Central Drive-In

    In the early 70's saw Walking Tall , The Exorcist , Deliverance , Blazing Saddles , The Good The Bad and The Ugly some Bond movies and many more. We had a drive-in we used to go to here in NC but it closed a couple of years ago. Family ran operation , super clean , well kept , no riff raff , good play area for kids , you could bring and set up grills and make a real evening of it . The place stayed sold out so I'm not sure why the family closed it. On a side note , how many on here saw movies in the old downtown theatres in Norton , Pound and BSG ?
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Central Drive-In

    I remember watching Firefox as well and The Fox and The Hound there. I loved that cartoon when I was little. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member cats78's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Central Drive-In

    I've not been there in about 2 or 3 years.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Lb_Balla33's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,098
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Central Drive-In

    i havent been to the drive in, in a long time
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/TheGreatOne/221_2127.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •